The Regional Healthcare Coordination Center (RHCC) is a result of the collaboration of healthcare entities in the eastern region of Virginia. The RHCC is designed to provide mutual aid to EVHC members. The RHCC is able to provide real time alerts when a member organization suffers an operational problem or disaster using the Virginia Healthcare Alerting and Status System (VHASS). The VHASS will instantly notify members when an event adversely affecting the delivery of healthcare services occurs in the region. Once activated the RHCC can provide real time intelligence and data to support healthcare response and recovery operations.
Additional services include:
- Rapidly assess the nature of the incident and provide a common operating picture for healthcare entities and Emergency Medical Services in the eastern region.
- Rapidly poll hospitals and other healthcare entities to determine real time emergency department and hospital, and long term care bed availability.
- Notify and monitor the diversions status of emergency departments and hospitals.
- Locate resources to provide and maintain the delivery of healthcare services to the community.
- Recommend patient distribution patterns in the event of a field initiated mass casualty or facility evacuation.
- Serve as a regional point of contact for State and Federal disaster resources.
- Develop and disseminate patient care guidance and best practices for infectious diseases.
- Provide expertise and resources for hospital response to hazardous materials incidents.