Welcome to the Hurrican Rona Tabletop Exercise!
Hurricane Rona Table Top Exercise illuminated a number of preparedness and planning gaps in Emergency Operations Plans across the region. The communities had an adequate grasp of individual facility needs during the preparation for Hurricane and during evacuation. A process review needs to take place for transportation in the event of an evacuation. There is also a need for systematic inclusion to trigger emergency operation plan review. Overall, this exercise was designed to test the plans of healthcare providers and emergency managers to infection control protocols for patients and staff throughout and following the pandemic.
1. Healthcare and Medical Response Coordination (Capability 2)
- Develop and Coordinate Health Care Organization and Health Care Coalition Response Plans
- Utilize Information Sharing Procedures and Platforms
- Coordinate Response Strategy, Resources, and Communications
2. Continuity of Healthcare Service Delivery (Capability 3)
- Identify Essential Functions for Health Care Delivery
- Plan for Continuity of Operations
- Maintain Access to Non-Personnel Resources during an Emergency
- Develop Strategies to Protect Health Care Information Systems and Networks
- Protect Responders’ Safety and Health
- Plan for and Coordinate Health Care Evacuation and Relocation
The Situation Manual, the exercise PowerPoint presentation, and the After Action Report and Improvement Plan are may be downloaded using the links below.
(757) 963-0632 ext. 325