The Eastern Virginia Healthcare Coalition (EVHC) is recruiting for a Resource Management Specialist.
The Tidewater EMS Council is accepting applications for the position of EVHC Resource Management Specialist for the Eastern Virginia Healthcare Coalition (evhc.org).
A complete application must include:
1. A cover letter, not exceeding two (2) pages, describing how your skills, training, and experiences qualify you for this position.
2. A fully completed/signed application form (34 KB).
3. A current resume.
4. A job candidates screening questionnaire form (25 KB)
Status: FLSA Non-Exempt Position, Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Job Summary: The Logistics/Resource Management Specialist ensures the proper receipt, stock storage and distribution/delivery of a wide variety of healthcare materials, supplies and equipment, in a safe manner while maintaining cleanliness, orderliness and accessibility. Enters and maintains accurate inventory data in the Operative IQ system. Monitors and report personal protective equipment (PPE) burn rate. Tracks and reports the issuance, transfer or disposal of PPE, materials and equipment in accordance with grant guidance and updates the Operative IQ system. Assists with the inventory, inspection, and maintenance of Mobile Medical Assets (MMA) and other equipment to ensure equipment is maintained in good operating order. Promptly reports identified inventory and equipment deficiencies.
- Assists the Regional Healthcare Coordination Center (RHCC) Manager with the daily management of the Coalition’s Personal Protective Equipment (RPPE) Cache, Materials and Mobile Medical Assets (MMA) inventory.
- Enters and maintains accurate inventory data in the Operative IQ system.
- Serves as the alternate inventory management subject matter expert and resource for Coalition members and partners.
- Performs warehouse operations tasks related to PPE Cache Management, preparedness materials and equipment and inventory management. Operates a propane powered forklift. Ensures proper rotation of stored materials using the principle of “first in, first out”.
- Monitors and reports PPE usage (burn) rates using the Virginia Health Alerting and Status System (VHASS). Reports burn rates on time and in the format required by the VHHA and/or VDH.
- Receives, enters into inventory, stores and issues PPE, other materials and equipment to healthcare organizations. Tracks and reports the issuance, transfer or disposal of PPE, materials and equipment in accordance with grant guidance and updates the Operative IQ system.
- Assists with the inventory, inspection, and maintenance of Mobile Medical Assets (MMA) and other equipment maintained by the Coalition to ensure equipment is maintained in good operating order. Promptly reports identified inventory and equipment deficiencies.
- Assists the RHCC Manager with the review and revision material, equipment cache and inventory management plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the RHCC Manager or Readiness and Response Coordinator.
- Reports to and is supervised by the RHCC Manager.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college or Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- Current Forklift Operator Certification (preferred).
- Experience in medical materials inventory and general warehouse operations.
- Experience with maintaining small engines, generators and other mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to speak, write and communicate effectively using multiple means.
- Demonstrated ability to use e‐mail, Microsoft Office and other computer-based technologies.
- Ability to work well with persons of diverse backgrounds and be effective in problem-solving and conflict management.
- Valid driver’s license. Experience driving pick‐up trucks and trailer towing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work complete assigned tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Must reside within a reasonable commuting radius of the Coalition’s region, such that the individual can be present to work on‐site with the Coalition and its members on a daily basis.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have reliable transportation to meet regional travel obligations as required.
A complete application package must be submitted to be considered for the position.
This position can also be viewed on: Indeed.com