Welcome to the Winter Storm Grayson II Tabletop Exercise!
Winter Storm Grayson of January 2017 illuminated a number of preparedness and planning gaps in Emergency Operations Plans across the region. Two major areas of concern are transportation for both staff and patients when the roadways are “challenging” to navigate due to ice and snow accumulation, and the coordinated regional response to alleviate that issue. This exercise is designed to test the plans of healthcare providers and emergency managers in response to a winter storm the causes significant travel problems for patients and staff.
- Objective 1: Emergency Operations Planning - Discuss/demonstrate how each organization’s emergency operations plan will guide them to prepare for, respond to, and recover from hazardous winter weather.
- Objective 2: Communications – Discuss/demonstrate alerts, notifications, social media use and other communication and information sharing methods to make and maintain communications with healthcare facility staff, clients, residents, patients, their families, and the local jurisdiction before, during and after the event.
- Objective 3: Public Information – Discuss, identify and demonstrate inter/intra organization coordination and cooperation in gathering, developing and disseminating unified public information.
- Objective 4: Supply Chain Management - Discuss/demonstrate how each healthcare organization will maintain their supplies of food, water and critical medical supplies during hazardous winter weather event.
- Objective 5: Transportation - Discuss/demonstrate how each healthcare organization will ensure the safe provision of transportation resources before, during, and after a hazardous winter weather event.
Participation and Registration.
Seating for this exercise is limited to 200 players from the Dialysis, Long Term Care, Home Health, Hospice, Transportation providers, Jurisdictional and Health Department Emergency Managers in the Eastern Region of Virginia.
Registration is required! To register go to: Ice Storm Grayson II TTX