Welcome to the Winter Storm Grayson II Tabletop Exercise!
Winter Storm Grayson of January 2017 illuminated a number of preparedness and planning gaps in Emergency Operations Plans across the region. Two major areas of concern are transportation for both staff and patients when the roadways are “challenging” to navigate due to ice and snow accumulation, and the coordinated regional response to alleviate that issue. This exercise is designed to test the plans of healthcare providers and emergency managers in response to a winter storm the causes significant travel problems for patients and staff.
- Objective 1: Emergency Operations Planning - Discuss/demonstrate how each organization’s emergency operations plan will guide them to prepare for, respond to, and recover from hazardous winter weather.
- Objective 2: Communications – Discuss/demonstrate alerts, notifications, social media use and other communication and information sharing methods to make and maintain communications with healthcare facility staff, clients, residents, patients, their families, and the local jurisdiction before, during and after the event.
- Objective 3: Public Information – Discuss, identify and demonstrate inter/intra organization coordination and cooperation in gathering, developing and disseminating unified public information.
- Objective 4: Supply Chain Management - Discuss/demonstrate how each healthcare organization will maintain their supplies of food, water and critical medical supplies during hazardous winter weather event.
- Objective 5: Transportation - Discuss/demonstrate how each healthcare organization will ensure the safe provision of transportation resources before, during, and after a hazardous winter weather event.
The Situation Manual, the exercise PowerPoint presentation, and the After Action Report and Improvement Plan are may be wonloaded using the links below. A copy of the exercise sign-in sheets/partcipant list is available upon request using the contact information shown below.