To activate the RHCC call: (844) 757 - 7422
Once activated the Regional Healthcare Coordination Center (RHCC) can provide real time intelligence and data to support healthcare response and recovery operations.
Regional Wide Alerting: The RHCC can provide real time alerts when a member organization suffers an operational problem or disaster using the Virginia Healthcare Alerting and Status System (VHASS). VHASS will instantly notify members when an event adversely affecting the delivery of healthcare services occurs in the region.
Additional services include:
- Provide a common operating picture for healthcare entities and Emergency Medical Services in the eastern region.
- Rapidly poll hospitals and other healthcare entities to determine real time emergency department, hospital, and long term care bed availability.
- Notify and monitor the diversions status of emergency departments, hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
- Locate resources needed to provide and maintain the delivery of healthcare services to the community.
- Recommend patient distribution patterns in the event of a field initiated mass casualty or facility evacuation.
- Serve as a regional point of contact for State and Federal disaster resources.
- Develop and disseminate patient care guidance and best practices for infectious diseases.
- Provide expertise and resources to support an emergency department or hospital response to a hazardous materials incident.