The Eastern Virginia Healthcare Coalition is open to all healthcare organizations/entities that provide or support health services in the eastern region of the Commonwealth of Virginia who wish to work collaboratively on emergency preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery planning and other activities.
The Eastern Region consists of the following 27 jurisdictions: Accomack County, Chesapeake, Essex County, Franklin, Gloucester County, Hampton, Isle of Wight County, James City County, King and Queen County, King William County, Lancaster County, Matthews County, Middlesex County, Newport News, Norfolk, Northampton County, Northumberland County, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Richmond County, Smithfield, Southampton County, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Westmoreland County, Williamsburg, and York County.
The Eastern Virginia Healthcare Coalition (EVHC) core members and partners collaborate to strengthen regional healthcare emergency preparedness and resiliency. The EVHC strives to:
- Build relationships and partnerships
- Coordinate inclusive regional emergency planning
- Provide information and resource sharing
- Develop and maintining redundant communications systems
- Improve and maintain medical surge capacities and capabilities
- Provide regional training and exercises
- Strengthen healthcare organization resiliency